* About four years ago I used to always shop for organic, especially when I was eating mainly raw fruits and veggies and lost around 70 lbs. Maybe because back then I was a carefree college student with expendable cash and few bills that I never really realized how $&@ing expensive organic produce is. Or maybe four years ago organic was not the trend that it appears to be now so then they were thankful for shoppers and now they're just bleeding us for all we're worth.
Fact of the matter is I don't get paid enough to buy organic.
Which really sucks because non-organic produce tastes like plastic and deeply diminishes my enjoyment in eating it. This is up there on my top ten list of things that suck.
* Today I had to go get a
"Wowza is that guy FUGLY! He's definately not getting the job."
Really though, why? How based on looks can a country be? And as ethnocentric as this is going to sound: I'm thanking my lucky stars that I'm light-skinned, blue-eyed, and American because it will help me get a job.
I feel like I'm moving to live in the US pre-civil rights.
PS is anyone here good with photoshop? One of my eyes came out all squinty in the picture and the ghetto place I went to take it didn't even have a digital camera. Even in EGYPT they could show me what it looked like before they printed it out, but not this place. Oy.
* I love going to Barnes and Noble and curling up on the comfy chairs and reading. Its in my top five list of favorite things to do, especially when it involves drinking a latte at the same time. I went to a local B&N and got a Starbuck's, but at this location they had actually had the baristas invent their own latte flavors and name them. In honor of one of my favorite movies "Robin Hood Men in Tights" I ordered it's namesake, which also happened to have my fave flavor of hazlenut. It was a good time had. And considering it was just a bit after I signed up for the gym it was my last sin before sainthood. I'll probably go tomorrow and read some more since this is my week off.
* I'm going to have to start taking the bus to this new position next week because parking in downtown Minneapolis can cost as much as a one room apartment. I'm not really looking forward to it, but there's a park and ride from the mall next to my gym. There's a reason for every rhyme. Oh and I long ago decided rush hour traffic is bad for my health and that I really don't share well with others. Its my road people, so get out of my way.
Its better for everyone if I take the bus.
* When I was in Mexico all the venders kept giving me super good deals on stuff because I spoke Spanish. You know, the raza discount. If only I could speak Arabic and get the same thing in Egypt. *sigh*
* I actually can't think of that many random things today on such short notice. I know I have more. They maybe possibly be added on Thursday.
I'm sleepy right now.