Ahlan Wa Sahlan

Ahlan Wa Sahlan

Thursday, December 27, 2007

What will Pakistan do now?

Benazir Bhutto has been killed in Pakistan, and you know that these "extremist attacks" are merely smokescreens for Musharraf's actions.

This is why I hate politics. They just make me so MAD and I can't do a single thing about it.

I don't mourn Bhutto particularly, what I mourn is the opportunity for Pakistan to have a fair and democratic election. The world has abandoned all pretenses that what Musharraf is doing has any relation to democracy as no true democractic politician removes all judges from power and places his own lapdogs in their places.

And in the meanwhile the US continues chasing it's tail and barking at shadows while we all go to hell in a handbasket.

What will Pakistan do now?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I agree wholeheartedly with you.

May Allah protect us from all this political games and help us concentrate on all the things that are halal for us.

Salaams

Umm Haya said...

Assalamo alaikum sister,
I am a Pakistani and although I am very sorry for Benazir's husband, children, mother, sister, other relatives and friends and hope that insha'Allah Allah forgives her her sins and grants her a warm entry in Jannah (Ameen!), I have to disagree with you on the point of Benazir being our hope towards a democratic election. With an approximate literacy rate of 49% for men and 32% for women, I just don't understand how our population is well-equipped to deal with free-elections. These people are influenced by on-the-surface propaganda at best--- so just because someone APPEARS to be supporting the poor masses this is actually true?! Please don't think this in anyway makes me a supporter of martial law... to be truthful, I really don't know where our country is headed... citizens like me can either sit back and watch the political drama manifest itself or get involved in protests and the like and end up getting jailed (as a lot of my Lahori friends in college already have !)... we must simply be thankful and patient insha'Allah.